[OpenStack-Infra] nodepool node getting floating IP's on tripleo cloud

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 14:56:31 UTC 2015

Hi all,

     I've been asking about this on irc but given the holidays last week
the problem is still persisting, now since freenode  unavailable maybe
an email might be better.

tripleo ci jobs havn't run sense Thursday morning about (0700 UTC), it
looks to me like nodepool is constantly spinning up VMs and deleting
them again with no attempt to allocated the VM a IP address. yolanda
tells me nodepool is trying to ssh to a 10.2.x.x address (which isn't
the correct address)

 From the looks of it, this patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/249351/1

has caused nodepool to start treating the internal IPs as external and
it no longer attempting to allocate an floating IP.

How can we best go about getting things running again? One possibility
is the patch below I think this will make nodepool avoid the new
codepath for the tripleo cloud and at least work around the problem
https://review.openstack.org/251404

thanks,
Derek.