[OpenStack-Infra] The gerrit account tingzhang has been deactivated

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Tue Nov 17 03:27:36 UTC 2015

On 11/16/2015 10:08 PM, Zhang, Monica wrote:
> Hi, Anita
>
> I was trying to setting up the Jenkins to listen the upstream merge event via gerrit plugin, this is for our thirdparty CI to proactively merge upstream event to our company repo, but somehow, during my experimental test yesterday, since I don't understand gerrit plugin fully, haven't disable the message part to send back to upstream gerrit. I'm sorry for that. And I have removed my job in my Jenkins.  Sorry for the trouble I made. And I'm appreciate your help and any advice for me to listen only for upstream event and don't affect any upstream gerrit. Much thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Monica

Wonderful, thank you, Monica. There are a number of experienced third
party ci operators that can help with many of the common pitfalls new
operators experience. Are you on irc at all? Here is a wikipage about
irc: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC

Our development workflow uses irc heavily and you and your team setting
up your third party ci will do yourselves a big favour if you learn how
to use irc, find a client you like and set up a bouncer so you can be
available should someone have questions. The channels I suggest at
minimum are #openstack-dev, #openstack-infra and whatever project
channels for the projects you want to test with your third party system.

Here is our meeting page: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/ I suggest you
participate in at least one third party meeting a week, there are three
a week (I do believe) held in different time zones so hopefully you can
find something that suits you.

What your plugin did is just one of many common mistakes new operators
make, we see it often but it does tire the community. By talking with
and learning from some of the experienced third party operators you can
learn how to avoid some of the other common mistakes.

Thank you, Monica, I appreciate you sharing the details of your
situation, allowing me to understand you, establish some trust and offer
some support towards your goal.

You can find me on irc as anteaya.

I will request your gerrit account be reactivated, but it might take a
while before someone is available to turn it back on.

Thanks Monica, nice to meet you,
Anita.