[OpenStack-Infra] userName Mapping Between Storyboard / Launchpad and Phabricator

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Nov 12 15:32:37 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-12 15:28:51 +1000 (+1000), Craige McWhirter wrote:
> However I've discovered that some punters do not have a public
> email address listed in launchpad which could be an impediment to
> immediate access post migration and will require manual exception
> handling.
[...]

Roughly how many users attached to those bugs you're trying to
migrate lack public E-mail addresses in LP?

> Any thoughts on whether hitting up launchpad is an ideal way to get
> usernames?

Well, it's the only thing for _sure_ which knows the LP usernames.

> Should I target another service for this information?[2]
[...]
> [2] How about Gerrit?

You can *try* mining Gerrit's REST API for potential usernames: the
earlier accounts in Gerrit do have usernames which match LP
usernames, but at one point a year or so ago LP ceased providing a
username by default in OpenId parameters and so any new Gerrit users
since that time have either made one up or don't have one at all
(entirely possible if they only comment on reviews and don't upload
changes or use authenticated methods in its APIs).