[OpenStack-Infra] userName Mapping Between Storyboard / Launchpad and Phabricator

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Thu Nov 12 05:28:51 UTC 2015

Storyboard does not have a field that maps directly to the userName
field of Phabricator.

However Launchpad does have the launchpad id field which does.

For a production migration, I was considering using launchpadlib[1] to
take the email address from Storyboard and use it to discover the
launchpad id of the user so it can be applied to userName in Phabricator.

I was orignally mapping email addresses to the userName field but
Phabricator would not accept this solution. It absolutely choked on it.

However I've discovered that some punters do not have a public email
address listed in launchpad which could be an impediment to immediate
access post migration and will require manual exception handling.

While this won't really be needed for authentication once OpenID is
enabled, the userName field ought to contain data that Phabricator
considers valid.

Any thoughts on whether hitting up launchpad is an ideal way to get
usernames?

Should I target another service for this information?[2]

[1] https://help.launchpad.net/API/launchpadlib
[2] How about Gerrit?

--
Craige McWhirter