[OpenStack-Infra] puppet-mysql migration discussion

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Nov 2 18:44:58 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-02 10:27:26 -0800 (-0800), Clark Boylan wrote:
[...]
> 2 + 1ish (use sql_connection) is basically what we do everywhere
> but Jenkins slave image builds,

This is slated to cease as part of the dib-nodepool effort
(specifically switching to manual database package installation and
setup within jobs themselves, the macros are already written and
tested).

> paste.openstack.org,

We should take a few minutes to just offline it, dump/import the DB
into Trove, and scratch this off the list now that we know how to
solve the problem which caused us to switch back to a local MySQL
server (override default timeouts in Trove). Just needs someone with
root access to knock it out.

> and wiki.openstack.org.
[...]

I'd love to see this move to Trove, but it's likely a bit tricky and
so unlikely to happen soon with everything else we have going on.

Anyway, I agree with Clark on what needs to happen short term if the
Puppet MySQL module is to be upgraded in parallel with the above
efforts.