[OpenStack-Infra] puppet-mysql migration discussion

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 15:58:37 UTC 2015

Greetings,

I'd like to start a thread talking about the effort to upgrade our version of
puppet-mysql to a newer / latest version. I know there has been some talk
on this already, would somebody mind adding some information?

I have heard 3 things:

  1. Remove database support from current modules, and only use sql_connection
     strings.
  2. Move everything to trove
  3. Setup mysql cluster

Again, I don't know if there are true or not, just things I have seen people
talk about.

The obviously part that is missing, is _how_ we are going to do the upgrade. I
know some people (clarkb?) already have some ideas on that.

The reason for me asking, 2 weeks ago I offered to help the infra-cloud move
forward and upgrading puppet-mysql was one of the items discussed. So, here I
am, offering to do the grunt work, just need some understanding on what people
want to do.