[OpenStack-Infra] Translations tools session at Summit on Monday

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Wed May 13 19:59:04 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

At our meeting yesterday I mentioned that we'd be using one of the
i18n team's slots to talk about translations tools. I've asked Daisy
to confirm, but right now it looks like this session will land at the
2:00-2:40 on Monday: "I18n - Building Translation Platform"
https://openstacksummitmay2015vancouver.sched.org/event/83ceed4873820c889e79734fb3a4aa35#.VVOrNnU4l4s

Related etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Vancouver-I18n-Translation-platform-session

The two key things we want to talk about are:

1. Progress on Zanata, where Andreas, SteveK, Carlos and myself will
be driving the discussion

It would also be great to have some familiar-with-translations
infrastructure eyes on our proposed scripts written by Stephanie
pre-summit so infra attendees are prepared to pick up where we're
currently at: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/181113/

2. The possibility of an infra-hosted Horizon translation check site.
Presumably this would spin up a translated devstack instance each day
that the translators would some how be able to log in to and look at
translations, related threads:

[Openstack-i18n] Horizon translation check site for Kilo
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2015-March/thread.html#966
[Openstack-i18n] Horizon translation check site
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2015-May/thread.html#1085

For this bit, I could really use the support of my fellow infra folks
so we can discuss all the ramifications of hosting it (how we handle
translator authentication on the devstack instance, etc).