[OpenStack-Infra] Orphaned repositories in openstack* namespace

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Mar 30 18:21:04 UTC 2015

On 03/30/2015 05:00 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-03-30 07:32:44 +0200 (+0200), Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> [...]
>>   openstack/gantt
>>   openstack/python-ganttclient
> [...]
>
> This came up months ago when Gantt development stalled. At the time
> we reached no resolution since it was acknowledged that development
> might resume in StackForge under the same project name. I'm opposed
> to needlessly shuffling this to another Git namespace unless we're
> ready to tell the devs interested in this effort that they need to
> pick a new name when they restart work on it, since I really don't
> want to be moving it twice.

Looking at the discussion in the change and on IRC that my proposal
triggered, there might not be consensus on the way forward.

>>   openstack-dev/ci-sandbox
>>   openstack-dev/sandbox
>
> Adding these to an official project means we would convey
> contributor status upon anyone merging a change to one of them.
> Since they're configured to allow any registered user to
> approve/merge changes this seems like it would be a quick loophole
> for achieving ATC.

Good point.

>>   openstack-infra/vinz
>>   openstack-infra/vinz-webclient
> [...]
>
> These have been entirely dead since they were originally created.
> Nobody ever actually merged any changes to them, though I don't
> suppose it's a problem to add them to the infra program in case
> someone does actually resume interest in the idea.

So, what do you propose? Attic, add to infra or ignore for now?

Andreas
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)