[OpenStack-Infra] Orphaned repositories in openstack* namespace

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Mon Mar 30 16:22:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:53:51AM -0400, Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 03/30/2015 03:43 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> > Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> >> We noticed last week that bashate was not part of any project in the
> >> governance repo and wondered on IRC which other repositories are
> >> orphaned - meaning added in one of the openstack namespaces but not
> >> mentioned in governance/reference/.
> >
> > Yes, I usually periodically run a script to check consistency, but that
> > run was long overdue! Thanks for looking into that.
> >
> >> I did some quick checking and came up with the following list and
> >> added current proposed changes and my suggestions:
> >>
> >>  openstack-dev/bashate
> >>   Proposed for QA:
> >>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/168012/
> >>
> >>  openstack-infra/ansible-puppet
> >>   Proposed for Infra:
> >>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/166820/
> >>
> >>  openstack/gantt
> >>  openstack/python-ganttclient
> >>   Suggestion nova:
> >>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/168682/
> >>
> >>  openstack/os-client-config
> >>   Proposed for openstackclient:
> >>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/167730/
> >>
> >>  openstack-dev/ci-sandbox
> >>  openstack-dev/sandbox
>
> These should be special-cased - they are repos that people use to test
> their CI systems or dev workflow.
>
> >>  openstack-infra/vinz
> >>  openstack-infra/vinz-webclient
> >>    Suggestion: Infrastructure
>
> These don't really exist yet, but I don't see a problem with that.
>
> >>  openstack/ossa
> >>    Suggestion: Release cycle management
> >>
> >>  openstack-dev/devstack-vagrant
> >>    Suggestion: QA

At least in this case I think this is basically another orphaned project. It was
started by sdague in an effort to consolidate multiple nearly identical efforts
that were spinning up. (before docker became the new hawtness) I don't think
anyone has really been contributing to this in quite some time, it might be a
better candidate for the attic. That being said if we want to keep it around it
definitely would fit under QA's purview.

> >>  openstack-dev/specs-cookiecutter
> >>    Suggestion: Oslo
> >>
> >> Do you agree with my suggestions? If yes, I can sent patches for the
> >> governance repo.
> >
> > Yes. Thanks!

-Matt Treinish