[OpenStack-Infra] Packaging Zuul for Debian

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Mar 11 14:48:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2015-03-10 15:29:22 -0700 (-0700), Clint Byrum wrote:
>> Excerpts from Antoine Musso's message of 2015-03-10 15:11:18 -0700:
> [...]
>> > Wikimedia has a few Debian Developers in their infra team, so
>> > having sponsors and reviews should not be a problem.  I am sure
>> > OpenStack has a few people as well that might join the fun.
>> >
>> > I am sure providing packages for Debian/stable and Ubuntu/LTS
>> > would make the life easier to OpenStack third parties and other
>> > Zuul consumers. At least one is interested! :-)
>>
>> Looks like it has been on Debian's WNPP for a while:
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=705844
>>
>> It's an RFP, so if you want to do it, I suggest assigning that RFP
>> to yourself as an ITP and pushing forward.
> [...]
>
> Right, OpenStack has a significant number of contributors with
> Debian packaging experience, including quite a few official Debian
> and Ubuntu Developers among its ranks. I suspect the problem is more
> that none of them have time to devote to the task, or it likely
> would have happened already (same for gear, nodepool, et cetera).
> Certainly if someone has time and wants to kick that work back into
> action, I'm happy to keep it in my (horribly backlogged) review
> queue.

I think some sort of spec would also help get this going, I know I
personally see great value in -infra related packaging. In the past
people that I have talked about packages all seemed happy about -infra
some how building / publishing them.

Antoine, perhaps we can start work on the initial spec, flesh out how
it word look and get it into gerrit.  I sure a lot of people would be
happy to provide input.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)