[OpenStack-Infra] Outreach Program for Women - Round 5

Spencer Krum krum.spencer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:58:52 UTC 2015

I also happy to help. I can back up Yolanda in infra-mentoring. My
participation is in the puppety parts of infra and in stackforge/puppet-*.

Infra has a couple of initiatives that have sortof fizzled(meaning I
haven't finished yet :P) out that could make self-contained good single
person puppet projects. I would be happy to help mentor for these. I
believe both of these are agreed upon in principle by the group, but we've
never gotten the code to a point where we agree on it. Another advantage of
these is that there is some initial work that can be built upon. I do not
expect that either of these tasks would occupy a 40hr/wk individual for
very long. These could be good 'runway' tasks that could let an individual
who is not 100% confident in ops, puppet, or the openstack workflow get
their footing.

1) Run stackalytics in infra: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/98656/

2) Run livegrep in infra: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/96877/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/129726/

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> Infra & Puppet folks,
>
> I'm volunteer to be part of OPW mentors for round 5 (May 2015 to August
> 2015).
>
> Since my background in OpenStack is mainly focused on automation &
> Puppet, I think I could find a topic related to this for the next round.
>
> This is a full-time position for the intern (40h/week), so we really
> want a good project for the 4 months.
>
> Some rough ideas: automatize some public platforms (ask.o.o, etc),
> contributions in Puppet modules from Stackforge.
>
> If an idea comes out your mind, feel free to share it here.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Emilien Macchi
>
> --