[OpenStack-Infra] Outreach Program for Women - Round 5

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Thu Mar 5 18:30:56 UTC 2015

Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> writes:

> Infra & Puppet folks,
>
> I'm volunteer to be part of OPW mentors for round 5 (May 2015 to August
> 2015).
>
> Since my background in OpenStack is mainly focused on automation &
> Puppet, I think I could find a topic related to this for the next round.
>
> This is a full-time position for the intern (40h/week), so we really
> want a good project for the 4 months.
>
> Some rough ideas: automatize some public platforms (ask.o.o, etc),
> contributions in Puppet modules from Stackforge.

That sounds great!  Here are some current and upcoming efforts in infra
that may provide the basis for some good topics:

1) Refactor openstack_project::{server,base,template}
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/server_base_template_refactor.html

2) Common OpenStack CI Solution
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/openstackci.html

3) Migrate ask.openstack.org to infra
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/migrate_askbot.html

4) Migrate to Zanata for translations
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/migrate_to_zanata.html

5) Infra cloud
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-February/057708.html

1 and 2 are just starting -- I don't know how long they will continue.
I hope the bulk of 3 and 4 are done by the time the program starts, but
there still may be work to do (especially for #4).  5 will almost
certainly have quite a bit of work continuing all through the next
cycle, and is also notable because of the significant overlap with
OpenStack itself (including using the stackforge puppet modules).

-Jim