[OpenStack-Infra] Poor nodepool performance under load (help needed!)

Heald, Mike mike.heald at hp.com
Wed Mar 4 16:44:50 UTC 2015

From: James E. Blair [corvus at inaugust.com]
> I think the biggest thing here is that the rate is set very low.  I
> would recommend finding the actual rate limit for your cloud account,
> and setting the nodepool rate to match (but not exceed).  You might even
> see about having that limit increased for your account.

Thanks Jim, we're seeing that nodes get deleted very
quickly once the DeleteServerTask is run, but when
the queue is high it can take 15+ minutes for that task
to get run. Hopefully this will sort it and I can stop singing
the "slow deletes" song that I've been practising since
the Germany sprint :)

Mike