[OpenStack-Infra] IBM DB2 CI spam alot

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jun 11 10:25:18 UTC 2015

On 06/10/2015 06:05 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> I think its fine for you to not want merge conflict messages from
> third party CI systems, but I do think we need to note that many of
> them do this now -- turbo hipster for example. If we turn off that
> message, then those CI systems will silently fail and we will need to
> be better at noticing that they've stopped working.
>
> The merge failure messages are only really a problem for misconfigured
> CI systems. Isn't turning it off for everyone an over-reaction
> compared to the problem?

I had already sent out the message privately, it had been ignored. So I
put it here publicly as apparently it's the only way to get the team to
respond. I actually hadn't intended this to be an immediate kill: "off
if it's *not* fixed in the near term."

This actually caused a great deal of confusion when addressing a cross
repo patch series recently. Hence my annoyance and reporting.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net