[OpenStack-Infra] IBM DB2 CI spam alot

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Jun 10 22:05:33 UTC 2015

I think its fine for you to not want merge conflict messages from
third party CI systems, but I do think we need to note that many of
them do this now -- turbo hipster for example. If we turn off that
message, then those CI systems will silently fail and we will need to
be better at noticing that they've stopped working.

The merge failure messages are only really a problem for misconfigured
CI systems. Isn't turning it off for everyone an over-reaction
compared to the problem?

Cheers,
Michael

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 5:26 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
> The IBM DB2 CI seems to be running a Zuul, and seems to be reporting
> back on merge conflicts a lot in completely unhelpful ways -
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/188148/
>
> It seems like no 3rd party CI should be sending merge conflict messages
> to gerrit. This is my formal complaint on that front, and I'd like the
> CI system turned off if it's not fixed in the near term.
>
>         -Sean
>
> --
> Sean Dague
> http://dague.net