[OpenStack-Infra] Nodepool for ubuntu vivid.

Jens Rosenboom j.rosenboom at x-ion.de
Sun Jun 7 16:07:20 UTC 2015

> On 06/05/2015 10:46 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>> I'd like to test the current dev release of ubuntu (15.04) in the gate.
>> If I read nodepool.yaml.erb correctly then there currently isn't a
>> nodepool
>> image defined for this.

That's a good idea, I hope I can help a bit with that.

> There is not.  First thing is probably to make it so diskimage-builder is
> creating vivid images (maybe it is already, I don't know)

Doing

DIB_RELEASE=vivid disk-image-create -a amd64 -o ubuntu-vivid-amd64 vm ubuntu

seems to work just fine. Running the same with tools/build-image.sh
from project-config gets stuck due to the puppet errors below.

> At that point, you should boot that image and try out the devstack-gate
> scripts to ensure that we can do all the stuff puppet does by following [1]

Testing with the standard Ubuntu Vivid cloud image, I found two issues
here and created patches:

- https://review.openstack.org/189141
- https://review.openstack.org/189142