[OpenStack-Infra] Nodepool for ubuntu vivid.

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 01:49:58 UTC 2015

On 06/05/2015 10:46 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'd like to test the current dev release of ubuntu (15.04) in the gate.
> If I read nodepool.yaml.erb correctly then there currently isn't a nodepool
> image defined for this.

There is not.  First thing is probably to make it so diskimage-builder
is creating vivid images (maybe it is already, I don't know)

At that point, you should boot that image and try out the devstack-gate
scripts to ensure that we can do all the stuff puppet does by following [1]

After that, you can propose adding the images, see the f22 example [2]

After that, nodepool will build them, you can see the logs at [3].  It
never quite works the same there, so expect it to fail at first :)

After that, in theory, you should have nodes ready to go.  We can then
bring up a job that runs on that node ... there's a few tricks but we
can cross that bridge when we get there.  Again the Fedora job is a
good template.

> 2) Have someone on the infra team help/mentor me through the process
>    for 15.04 so that I can do 15.10 by myself.

I've been through all this multiple times with Red Hat platforms.
Happy to help.

> Also council me on what I'm signing up for ;P

Don't plan on doing much else

-i

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/tree/README.rst#n165