[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-infra][CI][tempest] Tempest tests time duration.

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Jul 24 21:08:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015, at 11:41 PM, Abhishek Shrivastava wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am running CI using Ramy's guide and when the tempest test is running
> in
> CI, I found out that the tests are taking muc more time than usual. So,
> is
> there any way to reduce its time period or its just natural.

How long are the tests taking and what times are you comparing that
against? Upstream tempest full runs can take up to an hour (including
the devstack deploy). We run those tests on 8vcpu 8GB RAM single use
test VMs.

Things that can make tests run faster include caching git repos and the
appropriate operating system packages. Ensuring that you are using real
virt and not qemu. Making sure that your test nodes are large enough and
do not swap when running the tests.

All that said it is really hard to know without more info.

Clark