[OpenStack-Infra] Askbot-staging puppet venv update

Marton Kiss marton.kiss at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 06:58:17 UTC 2015

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for quickly accepting the venv patch. When I wake up in the morning,
I checked the ask-staging host and see no sign of the changes by the new
puppet module, nor on the host and the puppet board logs. That was a bit
strange, because the patch was applied several hours before.

Then I invoked a 'puppet agent', and the changeset was magically applied:
http://puppetboard.openstack.org/report/ask-staging.openstack.org/d0dbf46e36443acd61cf59c672b032e25b145737

Do you think that the puppet-agent was disabled on that host due the
smartcn failure? The last update was on July 15. I put back the agent into
disabled state, until we resolve this issue.

Anyway the venv patch seems to be non disruptive, so the ask-staging.o.o is
running with python virtualenv now. I need to update the op docs to reflect
the changes. (the python manage.py must be invoked as
/usr/askbot-env/bin/python manage.py)

Brgds,
  Marton