[OpenStack-Infra] New storyboard core reviewers

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:29:18 UTC 2015

I think we need to actually define the project's relationship to OpenStack
first. As of Vancouver, there was no decision made on whether to move
forward on StoryBoard, Maniphest, or something else. This lack of any kind
of forward commitment, both in resources and mandate, or even the lack of
ability of anyone to make a decision on this, is exactly why I left in
disgust.

So let me rehash the questions that were left unanswered in Vancouver.

- Is OpenStack going to use StoryBoard? If not, where is the alternative
and who is working on it?
- Who is actually going to work on storyboard?
- Is StoryBoard going to continue under infra?

It is quite telling (and I predicted this, just check the storyboard
meeting logs form last April) that there has been zero progress on any
storyboard alternatives since Vancouver.

So: If StoryBoard is not going to be used for OpenStack moving forward,
then no: We should not approve new cores, instead we should move the
project to the attic. Since OpenStack isn't using it, we should not waste
cycles or resources on it, though I encourage the CodeThink team to fork
their own.

If StoryBoard _is_ going to be used for OpenStack, then I personally feel
it should NOT be under the infra program, as membership of that program has
done nothing but slow down progress. In fact, I'm pretty certain that had
StoryBoard been incubated in stackforge instead, it would have make much
more progress, and I would still be working on it.

Michael