[OpenStack-Infra] PuppetBoard

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Wed Jul 8 21:52:56 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Takeshi Larsson
<takeshi.p.larsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hows this going? Have you had any thoughts on which way you want to go?
> I'm the "not really a developer" for panopuppet and I was wondering if there
> was something you felt was missing from panopuppet or what it is you are
> "looking" for?

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us, it's great to hear from
a contributor to a project we're looking at. Decision-wise, right now
we're continuing to use PuppetBoard and we haven't made a move yet.

All we need is a read-only dashboard so anyone in our community can
watch puppet changes land and have the data to debug accordingly to
submit a new patch when things fail. The dashboard is public so anyone
on the internet can view it, which means it has to give useful data,
but can't leak sensitive data. We don't do any configuration via the
dashboard, that's all in git and goes through our standard code review
process.

The main concern about the single developer situation is that this is
the second time we've had to look at changing the dashboard due to
loss of development efforts. It would be great if we could move to a
project that has a stronger community so that when that single
developer has a change in family status/get a new job/focuses
elsewhere, we aren't stuck again.