[OpenStack-Infra] creating branch in gerrit using commandline

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Thu Jan 22 09:00:09 UTC 2015

On 01/21/2015 08:17 PM, Vinay Mahuli wrote:
> We generally create branches in gerrit using the web ui accessing admin
> -> projects -> select project -> branches
>
> Is it possible to do it using command line?
> I need to automate creation of branch in gerrit with a script.

I have not tested it, but this should be possible by using the Gerrit
API as documented at
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/rest-api-projects.html#create-branch.

A client to access the Gerrit API is available at
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gerritlib.

HTH, Christian.

--
Christian Berendt