[OpenStack-Infra] Stackforge projects: "Manila Image Project" and licensing considerations

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Fri Jan 16 13:13:14 UTC 2015

On 13 January 2015 at 18:28, Csaba Henk <csaba at redhat.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> We (Manila developers) plan to start a new side-project that would
> be hosted on Stackforge. It's tentatively named "Manila Image Project",
> although it would not necessarily be Manila specific.
>
> It's aim is to provide infrastructure for building custom VM images.
<SNIP>

At risk of going off topic, I am curious how this fits under the
Manila project scope.  My understanding of Manila is that it is a File
Shares service.  This seems to have an odd overlap with creating VM
images.

Can you point me to the design or blueprint for this need, so I can
better understand?

Thanks

--
Kind Regards,