[OpenStack-Infra] Software Factory Openstack Infra Collaboration

Christian Schwede christian.schwede at enovance.com
Wed Jan 14 18:45:29 UTC 2015

Hello all,

we built an internal development platform called "Software Factory" and
opened it up under an Apache License on Github. While we essentially use
the same tools as the openstack-infra team, like Gerrit, Zuul, Jenkins;
our deployment is quite different with eDeploy and Heat for provisioning
and custom made Puppet manifests.

We have also added a few elements to expand and unify the development
experience, including:

- Support for other bug trackers (e.g. redmine)
- Support for other auth systems (e.g. github)
- CLI for creating projects
- Unifying top-level menu
- Top-level dashboard

At  this stage of development, we understand that some of our work is
within the scope of the openstack-infra, which is why we would like to
start the conversation on how to proceed and potentially collaborate in
conjunction with the infra community. We are interested in having
discussions about the future of openstack-infra project and how we might
contribute.

In particular, we are looking into:
 - Extending Zuul, in particular on configuration file management and
multiple nodes job assignment.
- Generic third party CI integration

We would like to discuss the kind of challenges the infra team faces to
potentially align our work and submit patches upstream.

For further info, access to source code, and documentation please head
over to http://softwarefactory.enovance.com

Best Regards,

The Software Factory Team - Fabien, George, James, Mathieu, Tristan and
Christian