[OpenStack-Infra] Feature suggestion: Style check failures inlined as comments

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Wed Feb 18 11:10:50 UTC 2015

"Bruns, Curt E" <curt.e.bruns at intel.com> writes:

> As a developer, to help speed up development, it would be beneficial
> to have style check failures to be inserted as comments in code
> reviews.

I think to be honest it would even better if there was some Gerrit
plugins that shows the error directly in the UI.

(but that's wishful thinking :))

IMHO, since the dev is going to have to need to fire his editor and
fix the failure he should anyway run the tox -epep8 and see the full
error first happening in the review. I am not sure that if it is in a gerrit
comment it would make the flow better.

Chmouel