[OpenStack-Infra] Spot instances for CI

Jean-Daniel Bonnetot jean-daniel.bonnetot at corp.ovh.com
Thu Dec 17 16:55:25 UTC 2015

It’s not a technical question :)

The problem:
The fact is CI need more resources, HP will quite and we need to find more ressources, right?
As a provider, I can tell you that is not easy to provide ressources and I had to ask invests in our company to provide you what you need. As your needs are huge, the invest is high… But I would like to do more.

The solution:
OpenStack CI could be base on available ressources at many providers (which means compute nodes not used or not full).
You just need to manage when a spot instance is killed (because a customer pays for a resource) and restart the job elsewhere.

The benefits:
As providers we can give you more ressources, more quickly, more easily, without asking for a large budget to our companies.

—
Jean-Daniel Bonnetot
http://www.ovh.com
@pilgrimstack