[OpenStack-Infra] Moving a project to OpenStack Gerrit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Dec 4 18:11:16 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-04 17:46:07 +0900 (+0900), Sandro Mathys wrote:
> Also, it isn't possible to somehow import open review from GerritHub,
> is it? i.e. we have to either merge them all before the migration,
> while not opening any new ones, or re-create them in OpenStack gerrit,
> if we don't want to lose them, right?

Correct, you'll definitely want to freeze updates to your original
repositories when the project addition change merges, since it's a
one-time import and (for sanity reasons) project drivers don't have
direct push (much less --force) access in Gerrit so any divergence
after that point can be mildly painful to reconcile.