[OpenStack-Infra] Puppet Apache Dependency Issues

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Aug 28 01:08:03 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Spencer Krum <krum.spencer at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> In that case I would recommend either before => Package['httpd'] or before
> => Class['httpd::install']. (The second one requires us to create that
> class, but this is a pattern used by many modules to expose exactly this
> kind of hooks into the dependency graph).

Do you maybe mean "after => Package['httpd']" there? The directories
we want to put these files in won't exist until the package
installation completes. We just want to make sure we notify the
service after the files get installed.

Anyway, I'm willing to give this another shot. I will admit I took
the easy way out in my patch and just puppeted the needed
directories after I ran up against Puppet complaining about a
circular dep tree calculation.