[OpenStack-Infra] Puppet Apache Dependency Issues

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 27 20:25:58 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-26 11:31:35 -0700 (-0700), Spencer Krum wrote:
[...]
> The issue is that the httpd_mod type does not have a baked-in
> ordering relationship with the Service['httpd'] resource.
[...]

This is not the only issue. We also discovered there are places
we're installing files into /etc/apache2 subdirectories, expecting
installation of the apache2 package to create them. We need to
decide whether:

1. we have each consuming module create the directories it needs,
even if the package installation will later recreate these

2. find some way to define a (non-circular) dependency on the
package installation so that we only install configuration files
after it's completed and then reload or restart the service