[OpenStack-Infra] Request to Add to Gerrit Groups

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Fri Aug 7 16:15:30 UTC 2015

Edgar Magana <edgar.magana at workday.com> writes:

> Just my opinion but it could be better for any project to have core
> members from different companies instead of all being in the same one.

I personally agree.  I encourage new projects to try to attract
contributors and core reviewers from a variety of sources, though, in
many cases projects start out at a particular company and then grow to
include others.

However, this is not something we typically get involved with at the
project infrastructure level.  The TC does look at this sort of thing
for official OpenStack projects, and in fact applies a "diversity" tag
to projects that meet certain criteria, under the assumption that it is
safer for users to rely on projects with diverse contributors.

-Jim