[OpenStack-Infra] Questions with respect to packaging

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 29 13:51:14 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-29 16:19:35 +1000 (+1000), Steve Kowalik wrote:
> It also sounds like we want to support multiple builds per package --
> like your example above of different libvirts. So we have
> openstack/package-libvirt (bikeshedding about the name goes here), and
> multiple branches on gerrit? Sounds like it could work.
[...]

That was more or less the idea we originally sketched out (I guess a
couple years ago now?), the beginnings of which can be seen in the
openstack-infra/zuul-packaging repo. The idea at the time--and it's
of course open to revision if needed--was to have a branch per
distro/release and just keep some general workflow boilerplate
documentation in the master branch. The branch names could then map
to the platforms/tools/commands needed to generate packages and slot
them into their respective repositories.