[OpenStack-Infra] Refstack workflow discussion. Using OpenstackID as auth provider for application with Web UI and CLI client

Sergey Slypushenko sslypushenko at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 23 15:36:01 UTC 2015

Thanks that our discussion was brought back to mailing list.

The most hard use case here is providing access to some private resources
from CLI client without using any GUI tools. As far as you understand, CLI
tool can not pass through common OpenID auth procedure without
workarounds(like opening browser, for example). Also, I think that passing
user creds in CLI client it isn't appropriate solution, too.

Using key pairs for auth from CLI looks like a good solution, because any
sensitive information won't be shared in this case. Also it should be
pretty secure. As for me, main disadvantage of this kind of auth, that it
is not implemented in OpenID/oAuth workflow(or I don't know about that).
Maybe I am missing something about OpenID/oAuth?