[OpenStack-Infra] Add to Openstackid.org ability to store user's RSA public keys.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Apr 17 16:55:41 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-17 18:38:11 +0300 (+0300), Sergey Slypushenko wrote:
[...]
> It should be look like review.openstack.org or github works. It is
> lead us to necessity of keeping  public key in our application.
> Basically, it is ok, but if Openstackid.org is planning to be
> widely used, it will be good if it can keep user's public keys in
> one place and manage access to them. It will be good alternative
> to store and manage users' public keys in every project. So, I'm
> asking Openstackid.org developers to consider a necessity and
> possibility to add such feature.

I agree this would be a great. It's too bad Gerrit doesn't seem to
currently support storing SSH keys anywhere besides directly in its
database, but maybe we can find someone willing to implement lookups
there via some network protocol (for example, Gerrit already
supports looking up SSH usernames via LDAP). As a result I worry a
little that if we expose an SSH key management option prominently in
OpenStackID then it _may_ further confuse new contributors who don't
realize they need to separately manage SSH keys in Gerrit too. But
maybe there's a suitable compromise.