[OpenStack-Infra] Nodepool dependencies and Jessie

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Tue Apr 14 20:46:51 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am working on packaging Nodepool for Debian/Jessie which is the
distribution to be used at Wikimedia.  Looking at the requirements.txt
file there are three that are not matched by Jessie packages:

* python-daemon>=2.0.4  Jessie has 1.5.5

Seems 2.0.x releases were broken and the requirement has been changed
from <2.0 to >=2.0.4 by https://review.openstack.org/#/c/150256/

I guess Nodepool will be just fine with an old python-daemon?

* pyzmq>=13.1.0,<14.0.0     Jessie has 14.4.0
* sqlalchemy>=0.8.2,<0.9.0  Jessie has 0.9.8

Both requirements comes from James initial commit from Aug. 2013. I am
not sure how to test a bump of version

zmq 14.0.0 seems to be about bumping the embedded libzmq
http://zeromq.github.io/pyzmq/changelog.html

sqlalchemy I have honestly no clue.

How may I test out whether a bump of both will be fine for nodepool?

Also found out PyMySQL is not included in Jessie, but that can be
backported :-)

--
Antoine Musso