[OpenStack-Infra] A proposal to use phabricator for issue tracking

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Apr 3 16:17:05 UTC 2015

On 04/03/2015 12:12 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 04/03/2015 12:06 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
>> On 2015-04-03 11:54:00 -0400 (-0400), Sean Dague wrote:
>> [...]
>>> 2) is there an event stream of changes (either real time or rss) that
>>> can be consumed by said tools? Having the change stream would be really
>>> helpful.
>>
>> Which relates to a feature request we hear all the time: "is there a
>> way to have bug events spammed to our IRC channel?" If LP had a
>> proper event stream, we'd probably already be doing that.
>>

> We don't even necessarily need an external thing that consumes an event
> stream - we can deploy an internal agent:
>
> https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabdev/class/PhabricatorBot/
>
> That could spam IRC. OR - that could inject events into a gearman queue
> that one of our existing IRC bots could then spam into channel. Totally
> agree ... would be a nice improvement over the current world.

Yeh, looking at the feed.http-hooks -
https://secure.phabricator.com/T5462 this seems actually reasonably done.

Poking around a bit it also looks like Phabricator is more designed
around the idea you'd write a plugin within it for some of this
functionality. I think living with launchpad as a blackbox-as-a-service
for so long it will take a little getting used to the fact that we can
actually do this kind of thing in service.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net