[OpenStack-Infra] A proposal to use phabricator for issue tracking

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Apr 3 16:12:08 UTC 2015

On 04/03/2015 12:06 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-04-03 11:54:00 -0400 (-0400), Sean Dague wrote:
> [...]
>> 2) is there an event stream of changes (either real time or rss) that
>> can be consumed by said tools? Having the change stream would be really
>> helpful.
>
> Which relates to a feature request we hear all the time: "is there a
> way to have bug events spammed to our IRC channel?" If LP had a
> proper event stream, we'd probably already be doing that.

We don't even necessarily need an external thing that consumes an event
stream - we can deploy an internal agent:

https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabdev/class/PhabricatorBot/

That could spam IRC. OR - that could inject events into a gearman queue
that one of our existing IRC bots could then spam into channel. Totally
agree ... would be a nice improvement over the current world.