[OpenStack-Infra] Setting the bar higher for stackforge

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 15 17:51:31 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-15 17:25:48 +0000 (+0000), Sandy Walsh wrote:
> Hmm, my understanding was that branches are not accepted without a
> signed ICLA. Is that not the default case?
[...]

Yes, but you specifically mentioned desiring enforcement of the
CCLA, not the ICLA. We do have Gerrit configured to require a
recorded assent to the OpenStack Project Individual Contributor
License Agreement (and by extension an OpenStack Foundation
membership under the current implementation) for projects which
request such enforcement, but we have no way to enforce an OpenStack
Project Corporate Contributor License Agreement from the
individual's employer nor an entry for them in Schedule A of that
document. Also, if OpenStack itself decides at a future date to drop
this enforcement for official projects, the Infrastructure Team will
without a doubt cease any and all support for that feature (even for
unofficial projects).