[OpenStack-Infra] New Project Creation is Suspended pending bug resolution

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Nov 27 01:42:19 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-20 12:17:16 -0500 (-0500), Anita Kuno wrote:
> Currently manage-projects is frequently failing on a mysql error
[...]
> The frequency of the failures on the mysql error is quite high, most
> recent projects have hit it and have had to be respun manually
[...]
> Course of action:
>     - cease approving new project repos until further notice
>     - help us to remedy the situation (calling any mysql folks with
> advice on how to keep the port open, or re-open it when we need it)
>     - share this information with anyone who you feel needs to know

I've manually applied https://review.openstack.org/136079 on
review.openstack.org and approved several changes which created new
projects and with them new Gerrit groups, so I think it works.
Unfortunately I was unable to artificially recreate the conditions
under which the script was previously failing and so haven't been
able to prove its efficacy beyond anecdotal testing in production.

As much as I don't like that I can't say for certain this change
addresses the issue (since I can't pin down the exact trigger), I
think it's probably worth moving forward with unless anyone else
wants to take up the reins.