[OpenStack-Infra] Zanata demo server

Carlos Munoz camunoz at redhat.com
Tue May 27 06:52:59 UTC 2014

Hi Elizabeth,

I am feeling a bit better, thanks.

Sean was right about the puppet config scripts. As we are relatively
inexperienced with puppet, we have cooked up some scripts for our test
servers, but they might be messy. I'm happy to share them with you, and
maybe you can show us the right way of doing things. They will have a
lot of RHEL specific paths and assumptions, so we might need to change
that.

There are two platforms were Zanata can be deployed. The easiest one is
EAP (which is the enterprise version of JBoss) and it's our recommended
choice. You can also install on JBossAS (the community version), but
there might be some extra configuration steps needed, as it doesn't
have all the required libraries and versions. I can try and get you a
JBoss EAP license if you'd rather run on a more stable platform.

After that, it's just a matter of modifying a single JBoss
configuration file (although in multiple places), placing two
deployables in the right directory, and getting your database ready. I
can give you a hand with all of that.

Regards,

Carlos A. Munoz
Software Engineering Supervisor