[OpenStack-Infra] How to add Korean font file to the server of openstack infra?

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Mar 31 04:17:43 UTC 2014

On 31/03/14 11:15, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In order to support the build of Korean documents, I need to add Korean
> fonts to the document build server.
> I'd like to understand how to implement it.
>
> Now the maven tool to build documents only includes a few fonts.
> Korean font is not there.
> But the maven tool has the ability to use local font files, by adding
> the following to pom.xml for the clouddocs-maven-plugin:
> <localFontPath>/home/dcramer/NanumFonts</localFontPath>
> <bodyFont>NanumGothic</bodyFont>
> <monospaceFont>NanumGothic</monospaceFont>
>
> So in order to support build of Korean document, I need to add Korean
> font files to document build server.
> Please guide me how to do it.

I believe it's just a matter of getting the following packages installed
via some patch to the puppet scripts, right?

ttf-nanum-coding - Nanum Coding fixed width Korean TrueType font

fonts-nanum and fonts-nanum-extra - Nanum and additional Nanum Korean fonts

(from
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fonts#Chinese.2C_Japanese.2C_and_Korean_Fonts)

We can then refer to them from their standard system locations eg
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/nanum/

Regards,

Tom