[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul API

Joshua Hesketh joshua.hesketh at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Mar 18 23:24:08 UTC 2014

Hi Miguel,

I'm not sure what the long term plans are for creating an API but I think it'd be safe to say if you're willing to work on it any improvements would be welcome!

Currently zuul has an RPC framework that could be extended to expose additional functionality. At the moment it only implements a few methods.

What kind of functions were you looking to expose over an API?

Cheers,
Josh

________________________________
From: Zuniga Vazquez, Miguel [mzigavzquez at paypal.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:44 AM
To: openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [OpenStack-Infra] Zuul API

Hi everyone

I got a few questions, I’ve been through your documentation on how to contribute but before I do all the setup I want to know from the list whether if the things that I’m asking would be considered or if there if there are even on the roadmap.

I’m creating a CICD architecture for our dev teams and I was wondering if you:

  *   Have plans for creating an API for Zuul?
  *   If not would you be interested if our team contributes the API for it?

In our experience Zuul is a powerful but for our non-openstack use cases and to incorporate it to multiple systems/applications the lack of an API makes it difficult to implement.

Thoughts?

Miguel Zuniga
Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
eBay Inc. / PayPal