[OpenStack-Infra] check pipeline triggered when comments are added

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Tue Mar 4 15:39:25 UTC 2014

Antoine Musso <hashar at free.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> For a couple weeks I noticed the Zuul 'check' pipeline is being
> triggered when adding a single comment on an old patch.
>
> I find it annoying when a patchset review takes a couple weeks or so.
> The review would usually lead to a new patchset and I don't think the
> intermediary checks are necessary

Others have addressed the reason for this change.  One thing I would
like to note is that we do regret the extra comments that are left on
changes, particularly the "Starting check jobs" comment.  However,
that's currently required as an implementation detail due to what we
consider a bug in Gerrit.  Clark is trying to get that fixed upstream
here:

  https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/54490/2

Hopefully that or something like it will be merged and we can get rid of
that comment.

-Jim