[OpenStack-Infra] Status of check-tempest-dsvm-f20 job

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 08:46:19 UTC 2014

Hi infra-ninjas,

I missed this thread originally, not previously having been
subscribed to os-infra ML.

So I just wanted to throw out onto the table a (possibly naïve)
alternative way of looking at this issue.

The core problem seems to be that the node allocation algorithm
has a tendency to skew in favor of the classes under heavier
demand.

But I guess there's no particular reason, other than historical,
that the f20 nodes aren't more widely used?

For example the py27 unit tests for a selection of the projects,
and/or some of the tempest jobs, could potentially be re-based
onto f20.

If we were to use f20 more widely in the gate (not to entirely
supplant precise, more just to split the load more evenly) then
would the problem observed tend to naturally resolve itself?

Just a thought ...

Cheers,
Eoghan