[OpenStack-Infra] How to get new package requirements into the CI system using a PPA and EPEL?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jul 22 22:52:45 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-15 09:55:03 -0400 (-0400), Ken Giusti wrote:
[...]
> From a quick 'grep' of the sources, it appears as if Pypy requires
> a PPA.  It's configured in
> modules/openstack_project/manifests/slave_common.pp).
[...]

It's worth noting that the PPAs for Python 3.3 and PyPy were added
as an interim solution because Ubuntu 14.04 LTS was going to have
them and was (at the time) just around the corner. Now that we have
Ubuntu Trusty nodes we're shortly moving to Python 3.4 and PyPy
testing on those so that we'll be able to drop our ongoing use of
those PPAs. Is Proton testing a broadly interesting thing to many
OpenStack subprojects in the same way that Py3K and PyPy compliance
are?
--
Jeremy Staney