[OpenStack-Infra] How to get new package requirements into the CI system using a PPA and EPEL?

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 05:32:52 UTC 2014

On 07/15/2014 02:23 AM, Ken Giusti wrote:
> So now my question - the unit tests (tox) require these libraries be
> installed on the machine the tests are running on in order for the
> tests to pass.  Is it possible to have these packages installed to the
> CI systems?  This would require adding EPEL or the Qpid PPA to these
> systems.  Is this something I can do?  If so, are there any guides to
> doing this?
>
> These packages would also need to be installed onto any systems that
> will run the gate tests for oslo.messaging.

Fedora/CentOS nodes will have EPEL available, not much works without
it :)

I think you'd best look at puppet setup for hosts in [1].  Your jobs
like gate-oslo.messaging-python27 run on the "bare-*" nodes which use
this setup.  So it would need to add a section to add your repo and
install the packages.

-i

[1] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/manifests/thick_slave.pp