[OpenStack-Infra] Current options for getting Zanata going

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Wed Jul 2 16:25:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Anita Kuno <anteaya at anteaya.info> wrote:
> I'd like to look at this in terms of the end goal, translations. That is
> the end goal, yes?
>
> Is one tool any better than the other (zanta and pootle are the two
> options, yes?) at doing translating? Is the end product substantially
> better using one tool than the other?

Right, Zanata and Pootle are the two leading options. The translations
team seemed to prefer Zanata so we said we'd work to get a demo going
for them so they could try it themselves, just like we have for
Pootle.

On our end maintainability is the major consideration, since we don't
want to deploy a solution that will be disruptive to translators
(during upgrades, etc) or insecure.

http://www.princessleia.com