[OpenStack-Infra] Request for renaming a stackforge project

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Jan 18 16:09:58 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-17 11:09:26 +0800 (+0800), Zhi Wei ZW Chen wrote:
> Thank you very much.

I have some unfortunate news: this rename will need to be postponed.

The reason we normally do these on weekends is because the version
of Gerrit we're running doesn't provide a mechanism to perform a
live rename of a project and so the process requires quiescing and
pausing most of our test infrastructure. With the impending
OpenStack milestone release, change volume has been so high that we
need to allow our test systems to run uninterrupted over the weekend
to catch up and so can't afford the outage needed for your project
rename.

I'll make sure this stays on the agenda[1] for Tuesday's Infra Team
meeting and will determine our earliest opportunity to reschedule
this work. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience, but we need to
make sure we can keep the OpenStack project's demanding release
schedule on track.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/InfraTeamMeeting