[OpenStack-Infra] Please turn off verification voting for Big Switch CI

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 17 22:18:17 UTC 2014

Thanks Sumit.

I did not particularly care about the vote on my patch as the patch has a
-2 vote already (until we have our own 3rd party testing set up). I got
worried that other patches will receive the -1 and people all over will get
blocked. So that's why I got alarmed.

There is one other point I would like to make: A 3rd party test shouldn't
be triggered on patches to a different plugin. Does that make sense?

Here is an excerpt From [1]  under Testing Requirements:

The Neutron team expects that the third party testing will provide a +/-1
verify vote for all changes to a plugin or driver’s code. In addition, the
Neutron team expects that the third party test will also vote on all code
submissions by the jenkins user.

The above should be perhaps modified to indicate the no -1 vote policy but
beyond that it says that essentially the 3rd party test needs to be done on
the corresponding plugin (and the Jenkins submissions).

Mohammad

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron_Plugins_and_Drivers