[OpenStack-Infra] building pypi mirror with minimum required version

Sabari Murugesan smurugesan at vmware.com
Thu Jan 16 20:51:38 UTC 2014

Hi

I know that pypi-mirror is built using the requirements file from the openstack projects. Is it possible to build this mirror with the oldest package version satisfying the requirement, rather than the latest ?

I am seeing few instances where a developer of a project uses features of a library, available only from a recent version, but fails to update the min version in the requirements file. The gating job passes because pypi-mirror is built with the latest package satisfying the requirement. If the mirror is built with the oldest package, this can be caught earlier by the developer and can make necessary changes to requirement file.

I have some development experience with other projects, but I am still trying to understand the OpenStack CI framework, so please excuse, if this doesn't really make sense.

Thanks
Sabari