[OpenStack-Infra] metadata on nodepool image version?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jan 8 19:12:34 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-07 07:24:45 -0500 (-0500), Sean Dague wrote:
[...]
> It would be really great if there was some kind of identifier in the
> image to tell us that we were or were not on the same set of base
> software. Something we could bin against.
[...]

A good idea in general. Wouldn't have helped us in this particular
case since the jobs which were failing were not run on nodepool
slaves, just static unit test slaves. In a future utopia where
nodepool manages the workers for all jobs (we're getting closer), it
would quite possibly have assisted in zeroing in on the cause of
this more quickly.